Istanbul Bilgi University Child Studies Unit, founded in 2007, works in the training, research and advocacy fields aiming at the realization of children’s rights. With the active participation of the children, the Unit endeavors to contribute to the policies developed concerning children in Turkey. The main stakeholders of the Unit are children aged between 0-18, people and organizations working for and around the children and those who contribute to the development of child policies.
The Unit’s objectives are;
- Increasing awareness concerning children’s rights and empowering children, their families and other relevant parties in their environment for their protection
- Development and dissemination of innovative training models on children’s rights for children and adults.
- Enhancing participation of children in every field including decision and policy-making.
- Keeping the children’s rights on the agenda and enabling active participation of the related stakeholders.
- Serving as a facilitator in matching and mobilizing the resources of the university and the society
Enabling sustainable interdisciplinary cooperation concerning children’s rights within and outside the university.
For your questions please click here.